All-In Insurance is the Ace up your sleeve, in case things don’t go as planned and you’re outdrawn.
Get paid – even when you lose. When you’re the favorite but Lady Luck isn’t around and your hand is outdrawn on the next street, your hand needs some special help – that’s where All-In Insurance comes in.
All-In Insurance is a unique feature that gives you the choice to purchase insurance for the chips you put into the pot when you go all-in.
How does All-In Insurance work?
When you go all-in as the favourite against one other player and you meet certain criteria (such as how much of a favorite you are to win the hand; for a full list see ‘When can I take All-In Insurance?’), you’ll be offered insurance against the next card that’s dealt. If you go all-in on the flop, the insurance will be initially offered for the Turn, while if you go all-in on the turn the insurance will be offered for the River.
NB – Be aware, once you commit to taking All-In Insurance on the flop, you are committed to taking it on the turn also.
The mechanics of All-In Insurance are best explained through the diagram below, which mirrors what you’ll see when using the desktop app. Let’s go through each item in the image and clarify each function:
- Main Pot – the total amount of the pot to which the insurance will apply
- Investment – the amount that you (ie. the favorite in the hand opting for insurance), have invested in the main pot
- Time Clock – Click the clock to use extra time to make your decision, just like the game clock at the tables
- Favorite’s hole cards – the hole cards held by the favorite in the hand
- Community Cards – the flop (and/or turn) runout of the board so far
- Underdog’s Hole Cards – the hole cards held by the underdog in the hand
- Favourite’s Hand Ranking – states the current best hand held by the favorite
- Underdog’s Hand Ranking – states the current best hand held by the underdog
- Outs – All the cards in the deck that can improve the underdog’s hand at that time
- Outs Count – the total number of cards in the deck that can improve the underdog’s hand at that time
- Odds – the odds that the underdog’s outs will be dealt
- Premium – the premium is the cost of taking the insurance. The premium is calculated by dividing the amount you stand to be paid (the ‘Claim’) divided by the odds. In this case, that’s $27.66 / 6 = $4.61
- Claim – the insurance claim is the amount you will be paid if one of the underdog’s outs appear on the board on the next street
- Premium Slider – move the slider to adjust the premium amount and subsequent compensation payout
- Minimum – one of three shortcut options. Sets the premium to the lowest possible claim amount.
- Break Even – one of three shortcut options. Sets the premium to a claim amount equal to the favourite’s investment in the hand
- Retain Profit – one of three shortcut options. Sets the claim amount equal to the full amount of the main pot
- No Need – Select this option to decline All-In Insurance
- Purchase – Select this option to confirm and purchase All-In Insurance
When can I take All-In Insurance?
All-In Insurance is available to you when all of the following conditions are met:
- You are the favorite to win the pot when you go all-in
- The total pot is at least 10 times the amount of the big blind
- There are 14 or fewer outs that your opponent can catch to beat you
- There are only two players remaining in the hand
How do I get paid? What’s happen when I win or lose?
When one of your insured outs appears on the next street, you will be able to collect your insurance payment right away.
If you take All-In Insurance but win the hand, you win the pot as normal and the All-In Insurance fee (premium) is deducted from the pot when the hand ends.
The numbers – Insurance odds
The premium amount depends on both the size of the pot being insured and the odds we’ve assigned to the likelihood your opponent’s out cards will appear. The following table lists the odds associated with each circumstance in which you may be offered All-In Insurance:
|Hold'em / Rush & Cash||30||16||10||8||6||5||4||3.5||3||2.5||2.2||2||1.8||1.6||1.4||1.2||1||0.8||0.6||0.5|
|Short Deck Odds||20||9.2||6.5||4.6||3.6||2.9||2.35||1.95||1.6||1.35||1.15||0.95||0.8||0.65||0.55||0.45||0.35||0.30||0.25||0.2|
Promotion Terms & Conditions
- All-In Insurance is available in Hold’em and Omaha cash games.
- In the event that a player accepts All-In Insurance but wins the hand and does not make a claim, the All-In Insurance premium will be deducted from the final pot at the end of the hand.
- If it is possible that the pot can be split on the next street, the maximum premium is 20% of the pot on the Flop, and 45% of the pot on the Turn. If it is not possible that the pot can be split on the next street, the maximum premium is 25% on the Flop and 50% on the Turn.
- GGPoker reserves the right to suspend or modify the promotion at any time.
- GGPoker standard rules apply.